Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blog Post 10

In this cartoon, I believe that the point it is trying to make is that just because something cost less that it may not be the better choice. I would much rather pay extra for something that I know is going to last me a long time rather then saving money for something that isn't going to do me any justice. Just because the Papermate LOOKS like a better choice from judging it, doesn't mean it is. Don't always judge a book by its cover before you open it up and read the pages.
In Spencer's post, "Why Are Your Kids Playing Games" he talks about how he educated his students in a factory setting and that its more hands on for the students. The principal doesn't agree and sees it more as a game. The principal says that no matter what is being taught to the students, he does not want games in his school. Towards the end of the post the principal tells Spencer what needs to be taught and Spencer sees this more of a challenge. He is really rebellious and courageous. Most teachers would simply just agree and do it the way the principal tells them to but Spencer sees this as a challenge.
I also read 5 Reasons for Leaving the Pencil Confrence

Scott McLeod made some really valid points in his blog. I commented that it was a very interesting and witty post to read. With being in EDM310 I've learned that education through technology and the web is something our generation needs to get used to. Sure there are awful things that you can find on the internet but with that there are also amazing and educational things that we can learn from. Students need to be aware of what is on the web regardless if its good or bad. Making mistakes and seeing others make mistakes only helps us learn from what is right and what is wrong. Scott McLeod travels to many schools and loves to visit schools that "live on the cutting edge of deeper learning." Since he likes to visit schools that are into different learning styles maybe he should visit Dr. Strange's class?

1 comment:

  1. Gabby,

    I enjoyed reading your post. After reading other Blog 10 posts, I was amazed at how we saw the cartoon so differently. I agree, Mr. Spencer has a lot of nerve. As a beginning teacher, I would hope I could be as brave, but I really do not know if I would. I think Mr. McLeod would find our EDM310 class very interesting. Great blog. Thanks for allowing me to read it.

    Phillip

    ReplyDelete