Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blog Post #4

Langwitches

The Jody Scharf Podcast Collection helped me in understand what a podcast is and how it works exactly. At first I had no idea of what a podcast was. I've heard about them from other students but I've never done one myself. This post helped me in understanding podcasting more and hopefully when it comes time to do one in EDM I won't have any issues.

I chose my second article to be Langwitches Listening- Comprehension- Podcasting. The main purpose was for the students to be able to listen and comprehend their speaking skills. In the post it says that in order for students to learn new vocabulary that they need to hear new words at least 70 times. I listened to their podcast and the students were speaking Hebrew. I don't know anything about that language but listening to all the students speak it in their own way was interesting.

Lastly, I watched the benefits of podcasting in the classroom. I've never thought of using podcasting in the classroom but I think it's a very creative way to teach your students and get them to see learning in a more fun way. When I start my own podcast this semester I hope I can take away useful information that way I can use podcasting in my own classroom one day. I think that teaching students about podcasting in the classroom not only benefits them in school but they can also use it as adults for their jobs.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog post because you began by being honest about your lack of knowledge on podcasting. You did a wonderful job writing about the different articles, but there is a minor mistake that needs to be corrected. The sentence "In the post it says that in order for students to learn new vocabulary that they need to hear new words at least 70 times" is not as fluent as it could be and longer than it needs to be. Another way to write the sentence would be "The blog post states that in order for a student to learn new vocabulary, they are to hear the words at least seventy times." My last suggestion would be to walk away from the writing, come back reread it, and correct the mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...when it comes time to do one in EDM ..." Coming very soon!

    Learning never ends!

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete