Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Blog Post 5

1. Mrs. Venosdale is a gifted ed teacher who had a very interesting and entertaining post about what type of school she would build if she had that chance. If I had the chance to build my own type of school it would be a place of escape for students ages 5 to 18. I would have the school sectioned off into age groups and there would be certain common areas for students of all ages. For ages 5-10 the section would have classrooms that would educate the students on whatever they wished to learn about. Their classrooms would be filled with color and lots of candy and drinks as well. For ages 11-15 the classrooms and hallways would be artsy and school spirited. Those classrooms would be enjoyable and educational about whatever they wished to learn. Ages 16-18 classrooms would educate those students on what options they have for their future. The cafeteria would ave every meal you desired and the play ground/ break area would have a huge jungle gym  including water slides and swing sets. The school would be educational but also fun and helpful to each student.

2. The more I learn about technology the more it amazes me. Technology is changing every single day and surprising so many. The virtual choir is unbelievable. Considering none of those people have ever met it just amazes me that their voices can click so well together. With the advancement of technology, maybe this is how music can be made in the near future.


3. I believe that Roberts thinks it means to teach that with the use of technology, students can find out whatever they want, wherever it is, at any time they want, no matter where they are. Roberts thinks its the teachers job to filter what the students are using those resources for and show them the proper ways of using technology. With the fast advancement of technology students may start to believe that they no longer need teachers. What if they are correct in this belief? I think that he is right in believing teachers should maintain and filter what students are learning on their own. Teachers need to keep up with technology use in the classroom and always try to stay right on top of creativeness when educating their students.

4. I think flipping the classroom is a great and creative way to keep students engaged in what they are learning. In watching all of the videos i completely agree that education has become a routine and boring. I believe that by flipping the classroom we can allow our students to maintain a more interesting way of learning and educating their selves. I would definitely flip my classroom if needed and I think that if I ever did, maybe my students would participate more and the classroom environment would be more creative and fresh instead of the usual every day routine.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby,

    I would have loved to attend your school. The "build your own" school you described seems like a fun and educational place. I believe that teachers need to make the classrooms more fun so that the students would want to come to school more. I know that when I was in high school, I used to love going to school because it was more of a social event for us than anything. Especially before we could drive. Our high school made it enjoyable for the ones who were outgoing and had school spirit, but not everyone was the same. Some students despised everything about our school. The way you described your school makes it seem like there would be something fun for everyone to do based on what their interests are. While also making it educational of course. Great post Gabby! Good luck in the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whitney: "...I used to love going to school because it was more of a social event for us than anything...." Did you learn anything?

      Delete
  3. "...ave every meal you desired" have, not ave There goes weight control out the window!

    What about the emphasis on creativity and critical thinking? What about the massive use of technologies including computers, iPads, SMARTboards, video equipment for learning, not entertainment?

    "...videos i completely agree..." I, not i

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gabby, the person I had this week doesn't have a blog for me to comment on so I chose to comment on yours. First of all I love the idea you have for you school, but what would your curriculum be and would you have test at the end of the year to measure what they have learned?

    ReplyDelete