Thursday, February 7, 2013

C4T #1 Summary

This week, I was assigned to comment on the most recent post on The Learning Brain blog. Last week the specific blog that I commented on was about a 20 year old woman who has not grown since age 5. For the past 15 years the doctors haven't been able to figure out what was causing Brooke Greenbergs disorder that has kept her from growing. When commenting on this post I expressed my concern for Brooke. I questioned if she thinks like a 20 year old and is as mature as a 20 year old. I also asked that if the doctors do figure out what has been causing her to not grow, if there could be a cure for it. It was an interesting post to read and I enjoyed it.

This week I was assigned to comment on the most recent post on The Learning Brain blog. The specific blog was about how meditation increases brain size. It said that researchers at Harvard, Yale, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have scientifically proven that meditation can physically alter the size of your brain. Comments were made in the post about how it would be interesting if there were a tool invented to be able to measure the transformations of the brain during meditation. When I commented on this post it did not show my comment so I re-did another one basically stating the same things. Today when I looked at the post it showed both of my comments, oops! I stated how the human brain is such an amazing thing and that I thought scientist are always coming up with creative ways to surprise people. I also talked about how I've never done meditation but my roommate does yoga and she says that it calms her down and allows her to clear her mind of stress. So, I was wondering if meditation and yoga could possible do the same things to the brain when exercised? It was a very interesting and educational blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment