Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Special Blog Post #1

Wolfram Alpha Search
When doing the Wolfram Alpha Search about comparing population of India, China and the United States, it proved that China is the highest in population with 1.35 billion people, followed by India with 1.21 billion people, and then the United States with 309 million people. The search proved that the population of the Unites States is much lower than the compared countries. The next thing that I compared was the poverty rate in the United States and Africa. The results were that the United States poverty rate is 12% and Africa is 45.6%. The next search I did was the life expectancy in Brazil and Mexico. The results came out to be that  Brazil's life expectancy is 72 years and Mexico is 76.1 years. When using the Wolfram Alpha search I found it to be very useful and educational. I think that using this search engine in my future classroom would be a great tool for my students to have. The students can use it for any question or interest they have.


Gary Hayes Social Media Count
Wow. Watching the Social Media Count surprised me. For example, I've always known that Facebook was a popular social media site but I never knew that it could have been that popular. The Media Count shows comments and likes on Facebook, blog posts, apps downloaded, tweets sent to Twitter, ect. that are constantly changing.  Seeing how much the numbers changed really put a reality check on me as to how much things change daily and by the minute.
All of these changes mean that by the time I start teaching that the social media can be so different from what I know of today. I think that change is a good thing if its going to improve the original. These changes mean that by the time I'm teaching my classroom that maybe technology will have a significant improvement. I hope that technology continues to grow and change because I want to educate my students with the latest technology in order to benefit their futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment