Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blog Post 13

When watching the video Back To The Future it really shocked me that only 3 of his students could say what country they lived in. Brian Crosby really used hands on activities for his students to learn easier. By using the hot air balloon activity or the crushed can activity it showed the kids that learning can be fun and easy. He uses blogging for the students and I think that shows the students that technology can be used in the classroom as well. I like that he uses the blog for the students to talk about their activities they learned in class. I hope that when I have my own classroom that I can use blogging and technology for my students. Being in EDM310 has taught me that technology in the classroom can change the learning styles of a student by a lot. From watching all of the videos in EDM I've learned so much about how technology can advance the classroom and learning of the students. 




The Blended Learning Cycle is online, classroom, and mobile learning all blended together. This cycle is engaging, exploring, expanding, explaining and evaluating. Paul Anderson uses this through out his classroom for his students. He ask his students a specific question and ask the students to investigate on the question. They then focus on the video. The video allows an easy review for the students and also can be something for them to look back on whenever they please. Mr. Anderson then applies a reading about the topic. Review is next. By reviewing the students it helps him see where the students are lacking knowledge on the topic or what specifically they may be confused on. The students are not allowed to move on the final stage until Mr. Anderson feel they completely understand the topic. The final step is a summary test that test them on everything they have learned. I really like Mr. Andersons approach on this. I think that its a really organized and helpful way for the students to gain new knowledge on something they may have confusion with. Maybe one day I can use a similar strategy in my own classroom but have my own personal side to it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gabby!

    I really like you blog post. I, too, was completely shocked by the statistics from his classroom and how some of the students didn't even know what state they lived in. I liked how Mr. Crosby's experiments helped the kids see how fun learning can be. Great post!

    ReplyDelete