Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post 14

CourseSmart has invented a digital textbook that allows teachers to track their students progress. Mr. Guardia seems to be confused because his students are showing in their textbook tracker that they haven't even opened the textbook but once but they are doing quite alright on the quizzes. Another issue with the textbook tracking is the software problems. After all of the experimenting with the textbooks Mr. Guardia noted that his students test scores were higher but their time in to the textbook was still lower than what was expected.
I would love to have this in my classroom. I think that it would be great to track my students progress. Knowing what students are doing their work and taking their work seriously is really important to me. I want my students to feel trusted and know that I believe in them but I feel as though they would question that with the digital textbook. Another issue I would have about the digital textbook is the software problems. If I used this in my classroom then I would want it to work properly and make sure there wouldn't be any complications.
If I could ask the teacher anything about this then I would ask if he would continue to use it or suggest it for anyone else. If I could ask the students anything them how they felt about the digital textbook. I would ask them about if they felt as though their trust was being tested or if they felt like they were being doubted. If I were to comment on this I'd bring up that I think it makes the teacher/student relationship more questionable of their trust. I would comment that the digital textbook makes the teacher/student relationship seem as though there was no trust at all and that the teacher doubts their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment